Necessary Documentation

Necessary Documentation

For non-US citizens intending to enter the country, there are three different visas: a temporary visa (for tourists), a green card (for permanent residence), and student visas. We will explain how to apply for a temporary visa. For other types of visas, we recommend contacting the U.S. Embassy in your respective country.

British and Australian Citizens

British and Australian passport holders may visit the U.S. for up to 90 days on the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP). Your passport must be valid for the intended length of your stay, and it is recommendable to ensure that your passport is valid for six months after you intend on leaving the country.

If you are arriving by air or by sea, you will be asked to fill out the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) form online at least 72 hours before travelling.

Other Countries Included in the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)

Citizens of the following countries can also enter the USA for up to 90 days through the VWP. Likewise, they must fill out the ESTA form 72 hours before travelling.

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan.

Countries Not Included in the VWP

Citizens of countries not included in the above list must obtain a visa before travelling to the United States. We recommend contacting the Embassy of the United States of your country for more information. 

More Information

For further information, we recommend you visit the official U.S. Department of State website.