Google, Facebook, Apple… discover the area where the world's most iconic technology brands have their headquarters on this day trip to Silicon Valley from San Francisco.
Silicon Valley Day Trip
Having been picked up from your hotel in San Francisco, you'll set off on your excursion to the "tech capital of the world": Silicon Valley, the Californian region where the world's most prestigious technology companies and start-ups are located. During your drive, which will last around 90 minutes, your guide will reveal interesting anecdotes about some of the most famous "geeks" who have worked in this area: Dave Packard, Mark Zuckerberg... You may well know their products, but do you know how they found such success?
The first stop on your tour of Silicon Valley will outside Facebook Headquarters, where you'll have the opportunity to take a photo next to the iconic "like" symbol. You'll then head over to Peers Park, located in Palo Alto, for a truly unique experience: learning to fly drones! Not far from the park, you'll reach Stanford University campus where you'll have free time to eat lunch (not included). This college's students are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, and famous alumni include the co-founders of WhatsApp, Google and the founder of Netflix, amongst others!
After lunch, your route will take you to some familiar-looking green robots. Don't worry, they're friends: these are the symbols which represent Android, located in front of the Google Headquarters. Continuing onwards, you'll head to the Apple Park Visitor Center, where you'll learn curious facts about this iconic tech brand during your 45 minute stop.
Not far from here, you'll see a garage. Why is there a garage on a tour of Silicon Valley, you ask? Well, it was in this very place that Bill Hewlett and David Packard began a project that would become the HP company. Finally, you'll visit the Computer History Museum, whose exhibitions provide fascinating insight into the history of the computer. At the end of the day, you'll make the return journey to San Francisco.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 19 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 130
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Computer History Museum.
Brief lesson on how to fly drones.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 7 days before (San Francisco local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).