If you already know the most interesting parts of San Francisco and are looking for more, in the outskirts of the city you can find different cities, villages and places that are worth visiting. Here are some of the most important sights nearby:
- Less than half an hour from San Francisco is this fantastic natural park, known for its giant sequoias (the largest trees in the world) that are over 900 years old.
- Sausalito is a small fishing village to the north of the San Francisco Bay. As well as featuring a beautiful boardwalk, the views of San Francisco from this area are fantastic.
Other places nearby
Other interesting sites could be:
- Napa Valley and Sonoma: High quality wine-growing region which has been gaining popularity as a tourist destination. Each year millions of visitors come to this area. (This trip is free with the Go San Francisco Card)
- Yosemite: If you don’t mind spending half a day on the road, Yosemite is a natural park rivaling Muir Woods.
- If you want to visit these places without any hassles, you can make reservations for these and other trips and activities in our guide.
And further away?
If you have enough time and want to visit something different, Los Angeles and Las Vegas are excellent options only an hour’s flight away. You can find cheap flights in our search engine.